Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Bad Day To Be a Goth Kid

I tried several times yesterday in vain to send a live report to The North End™ from the Vans Warped Tour 2004 via my phone (it can be done). I realized two things after my failed attempts. First, ironically my Verizon Wireless phone has shitty reception at Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre. Just so you know. Second, no one would probably give two grumps about the bands that were playing. However, there was something special in the air besides teen BO and pot. The special thing would be the people watching. For those of you that ain't up on things, the Warped Tour is a festival of predominately punk bands. So, as you can imagine, the mohawks and goth kids were out in full effect. That and the Klefners and I were the oldest people there that were not dropping kids off or working. The thing that made me chuckle was the fact that apparently, goth kids don't have a summer clothing line-up. Seriously kids, you're overweight, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, huge black kikwear pants, and it's like 85 degrees and your walking on asphalt. I'm all for you hating your parents, you hating yourself, you hating conformity, but this is stupid. Do you hate air-conditioning, too? Maybe, it's that they're avoiding a tan at all costs. Whatever it is, it's something that they are going wish they didn't do when they're running for Congress in twenty years. I'll remember you, stupids. But, the Warped Tour wasn't all black clad fat asses trying to scare me. Yellowcard's" performance was pretty effing shweet. They were really the only band I wanted to see and they didn't disappoint. I don't know what it is about these guys, but they're growing on me. And I'll tell you, not since Arnold Poindexter from Revenge of the Nerds have I seen a guy rock out so hard with a violin.

Whatever until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home