Thursday, July 15, 2004

Caught in the Blurple Haze

I woke up this morning after having the first full night of sleep in a week. Couple that with the fact that I took the poker table on a ride last night at The House of Julio® and I have a huge, uh, well, smile on my face. That's right, I had enough full boats last night to start my own navel fleet. And for the first time in a long, long time the straight flusher destroyed Julio's four of a kind, coutesy of a game of Iron Cross that featured wild down sevens called out by the Stuntman. What does that mean, you ask? Who the hell cares. The irony is that the Stuntman is the same guy that used to refuse to play Seven Card Stud with the Queen of Spades Kills It rule in effect because there were too many rules and it was too confusing. Meanwhile, even the most wasted person at the table had no trouble with it. Suddenly, Stuntman is tossing out crazy poker laws like a white, less hung Clarence Thomas (remember the pubes on the coke can? screw C2, the honorable C. Thomas had the real low carb treat. High in protein as well). Anyway, I'm not bitching because I won, but I just found it ironic. That's all.

And for those of you that missed you seat at the table last night, you missed the return of the Choad's greatest invention. The Blurple Shirt. Let's start with the basics. What is Blurple? Blurple is a color that is not quite blue and not quite purple. It's Blurple. The beauty of the Blurple shirt is that you can successfully wear it to either a K-State football game or a Kansas City Royals game. Talks are under way with Crayola to get a crayon in this fabulous color, but just like our pitch to FUBU for a fall line of shirts, neither company is calling us back. Looks like Choad will have to release the shirts under his own label "The Mantra of Chinaken." Available at finer boutiques in Indian Springs Shopping Mall.

Boooyakasha! The New Season of Ali G starts this Sunday. For those of you not familiar with Ali G Check this out. Respect.

I have lot's more to say, but I gots a meeting to go to. Maybe I'll drop a post later today. But in the meantime, shut up and rsvp, if you haven't already, stupids. (Thank you, Chancey and Amy, you are angels.) We need to know how many kegs and donkeys to order.


Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home