Tuesday, November 23, 2004

An Artest of inner strength

Opinions are like third nipples. Having one is okay, but I wouldn't go around telling everybody. Unless, you are me, of course. And by the way, I do have a third nipple. But, every once and while I will let someone else in the NATION™ fire up The North End™ with their opinion. Earlier today, I recieved a phone call from a worked up David Hart. He informed me that I missed my chance to comment on last Friday's Pistons / Pacers riot. So, he wanted to comment on the events and I agreed to let him. Ladies and Gentlemen, David Hart.

As Stephen Smith (editorial writer for Philly Inquirer/ESPN) columnist wrote Saturday Morning about the Pistons/Pacers Cage (Arena) Fight.
-Finally the Detroit fans have taken the stage as the worst fans in sports over the 76ers fans, who earned that title after booing Santa at a Christmas game last year.
Who is really to blame here? The fans or the players? Well, I believe it is the fans. True, running into the stands and face checking someone to their seat isn’t right. But, why would anyone add to the fury of an already tense situation, by throwing something and then jumping up & down like a little girl. I took pleasure in seeing the jumping girls' friend get sucker punched after he doused a beer on Artest. As Barkley says, “If a fan touches you, you have the right to beat the hell out of them.” Some say, these guys get paid millions of dollars to put up with this. Well this is the perfect instance of the Golden Rule, “Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.” If you were in there shoes, a high stress, high profile job…in which almost every public action is critiqued by assholes like Merrill Hodge (who incidentally doesn’t know shit about football), would you want people throwing things at you. There is a huge difference between drunken fans getting loud at Arrowhead...making people hate to come there….and drunken fans throwing shit. This is the NBA…not Roadhouse. If this keeps up…I think we will see a resurgence of the No Limit Soldiers. Some columnist from Detroit sarcastically said now we look like the thugs of the universe in a hellhole. Well you are…you spawned Eminem & D12.

Okay, Hart's done, this is me, Agdeez talking now. My opinion of the whole thing is that it was freaking awesome. For so long we've watched sporting events on TV or in person. Either way you watch a sporting event, you still always feel removed from the event, like the players are not real. To see Artest jump into the crowd knocked down that 4th wall and suddenly these players became very, VERY real. But, question remains, does a player have the right to beat the shit out of a fan for touching you? I think that it's a judgement call. If a guy jumps out a crowd and stabs you like what happened to Monica Seles, professionalism goes out the door and you have every right to stomp that fucker. I know that this an extreme case, but I trying to prove a point. I don't think that getting a beer thrown at you gives you the right to remember your days in Queens and go all "gangsta 'n' shit" on a dorky ass white fan. Believe me that guy looks like an Opie-fucker, I'm sure if Ron Artest hadn't cocked him, he would have gotten bitched by someone else that night, probably by the Mexican guy that Artest drilled later on in the riot. But, I guess if you can afford it, hell, jump in the crowd. Rail some out of shape turd throwing his tall Budweiser at you, but remember this when you do. When you're proving your manhood by punching me in the face and thinking about how dominant you are, I'm planning a vacation home in the Bahamas and all the other shit you're going to fund for me, stupid. Remeber Ron, the whole reason you got good at basketball was to get out of the ghetto. You acted ghetto and now you have to pay for it. Maybe you can make up some of that cash by following a long line of succesful athlete/rappers. Who could forget the success of such athlete/rappers/singers such as Kobe Bryant, Roy Jones, Jr., Shaq, Allen Iverson, and of course, Carl Lewis.

So, my ruling is that it's a judgement call. Sometimes you'll be right, other times you'll be Ron Artest. Thanks to Dave Hart for his opinion.

cheers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have loved to have seen Dave Hart in the stands getting the piss kicked out of him....

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't need to know who I am.. just know you'd have gotten your little ass kicked in the stands had you been there.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home